Duration: Half day course.
Attendees: Basic Safe Moving and Handling of Objects course are intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
- Introduction & Welcome
- Course Aims & Objectives
- What is Manual Handling
- Hazards & Risks, Legislation
- The importance of risk assessment
- Causes of manual handling injuries
- Structure and function of the spine
- Identify hazards
- Control measures
- Correct lifting procedures
- Practical demonstration and exercise
- Test Paper (Theory)
- Summary & Close