Duration: This course has a half-day duration.
Attendees: This course is specifically aimed towards scaffolding operatives who are responsible for the installation of masonry anchors (and similar invasive anchors) for scaffold ties as per National Access and Scaffolding Confederation (NASC) Technical Guidance, TG20:13 Operational Guide.
- Introduction & Welcome
- Course Aims & Objectives
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 – Scaffolding Stability
- NASC TG20:13 Operational Guide
- Tie frequency and loads
- Selection of Anchors (theory)
- Installation in Practice
- Tie testing (Preliminary and Proof Testing)
- Test reports & Tie Tags
- Practical exercise for the installation of common anchor types
- Tie testing demonstration
- Test Paper (Theory)
- Summary & Close