CISRS SCaffold Supervisor
CISRS Basic Scaffolding Inspection
Duration: Five day course.
Attendees: This course is for personnel providing front line supervision for scaffolding contractors, including Contracts Managers, Supervisors, Foremen and non-working Chargehands.
The course is designed to meet the demands of today’s scaffolding industry: CISRS provides Supervisor/ Manager training. CISRS would expect delegates to be potential, newly appointed, or existing supervisors with at least 5 years experience of working within the scaffolding industry.
- Delegate holds current CISRS Scaffolder/Advanced Card
- Candidates who do not have any previous knowledge or experience of scaffolding will not be
eligible to attend this course.
- Current CITB Health, Safety & Environment Touch Screen Test (within last 2 years).
What will I learn?
The course covers the following elements:
- Health & Safety
- Performance Standards
- Employment Basics
- Supervisory Skills
- Commercial Essentials
- Risk Assessment Project
- Toolbox Talks
- Basic Estimating
How will I be assessed?
To successfully complete the course you will be required to sit a written test and submit a project, which contributes to the overall assessment. You will also be required to deliver a Toolbox Talk.
CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor Cards are valid for 5 years. If you need to renew your card you will be required to attend a CISRS 2 Day Scaffolder Supervisor Refresher Course and have passed a Supervisory Level CITB HS&E Test (or hold a recognised exemption). We offer this course at TFC, please check the course list to book.
What do I get for completing?
- Upon completion of course, you will receive a CISRS Certificate of training.
- Once you have successfully passed the course, those who have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years will be able to apply for their CISRS Scaffold Supervisor Gold card.
This will be carried out as part of the course administration and incurs a charge per application to cover the standard CITB card application cost which is included within the course pricing.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to wear some PPE equipment during the practical element of the course. Please check course specification for full details of PPE and Workwear requirements.
- NB. Owing to the mandatory requirements of the course, which includes the inspection of live scaffold structures, the course will be held at premises in Edmonton, North London only. It is not possible to offer this course at other locations at this time.
Contact Us About The CISRS Basic Inspection Scaffolding Course
If you have any questions about our CISRS Basic Inspection Course, or any other of our scaffold safety training courses, please feel free to give us a call, or fill out the web form underneath and we will get back to you as soon as possible.