Scaffold Manual Handling Course
Duration: Half day course.
Attendees: Basic Safe Moving and Handling of Objects course is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
- Introduction & Welcome
- Course Aims & Objectives
- What is Manual Handling (NASC Guidance SG6)
- Hazards & Risks, Legislation
- The importance of risk assessment
- Causes of manual handling injuries
- Structure and function of the spine
- Identify hazards
- Lifting aids
- Correct rope knots
- Control measures
- Correct lifting procedures
- Practical demonstration and exercise (including rope & wheel)
- Test Paper (Theory)
- Summary & Close
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment. Course can be tailored to suit clients own arrangements.
A Certificate of Training will be issued to all those who complete the course to a satisfactory standard.
Scaffold Course Brochure
Please click on the pdf icon to download a copy of our Scaffold manual handling course details.